01 May The Best Communicators Have All These Things In Common
- They look at things from a new angle, taking unexpected points of view on a familiar subject.
- They have broad horizons. They think about and talk about a wide range of issues and experiences from beyond their own daily lives.
- They are enthusiastic, displaying a passion for what they're doing with their lives and an interest in what you’re saying to them at that moment.
- They don’t talk about themselves all the time.
- They are curious. They ask ‘Why?’ and they want to know more about what you’re telling them.
- They empathise. They try to put themselves in your place to relate to what you’re saying.
- They have a sense of humour and they don’t mind using it on themselves. The best conversationalists frequently tell stories about themselves.
- They have their own style of talking.
Which one of these do you think is the most important and why? Which ones would you consider a strength and a weakness? How can you improve at all of them?